Thursday, August 30, 2007
Loving & Being in love..There is a difference!
Okay, all you love lorn ladies out there. Do you really know the difference between loving someone and really being in love? Madonna said it best in the song "Express Yourself"..."don't go for second best". mm? I guess I should have listened to Madonna! It's not that I am looking for Mr. Perfect, as you all know, there is no such thing. only men think there are perfect women and no matter how hard we try, we just cannot be perfect enough! am I right? so, back to my original question. There is nothing better for the mind body and soul than being madly in love with someone. What is that term? oh, yes, "soul mate". I, for one, had this experience just twice in my life. sadly, it is no longer in my life and neither are the two men. My current relationship went from 'like', to 'really like!', to I think !I'm in love! and then finally, back to 'like'. this is not a good sign! It should have gone something like this...."he's my soul mate!"...so this brings attention to the other side of the love spectrum. The guy is madly in love with us, but our feelings are not the same for him. Now what? how do you tell someone one you were never "In love" with them but just 'Loved" them. Are they going to understand what this means? men find it much easier than women to say "bye bye", "adios", "have a nice life". so why is it when a woman says these things, it just does not compute in the male brain? Its so much harder today in the dating world than it was for our parents. And as a woman ages, its inevitably harder! it's either divorced with kids and grand kids or widower with a nursing home waiting list in the drawer. so this is why we don't agree with Madonna after all...we have no choice but to settle for second best.!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment